20 April 2008

randomness


pic- compliments of flickr.com, langley WA, go there.


wow, my weekend was so full!
i left the city alone, wee RV in tow- thought i would have a quiet and uneventful space.

got to deception pass state park late friday PM, the snow started in the wee hours!
saturday while walking to the refuse place a very nice camper started to talk to me in broken words...he signed that he was deaf..well lil know fact, many years ago i achieved my level one sign certificate..so my brain quickly goes to find what lil reference and ability it can find , and we start to converse..i learn alot about my temp neighbours- four on board, from bc and seattle, new RV, they are fun and friendly and laugh as i stumble through my bad signing..as i work hard at a visual connection room filled without sound...i do ok, my long time friend and the woman who taught me to sign would be proud that i even tried...my new camper friends are so kind and so sweet- wayne is a chatty cathy and seeks me out sunday morning to tell stories and say goodbye.


then on sunday, my new friend ls takes me on a tour of whidbey island- known as the "rock" like our own island. she drove me through the seaside landscape, told me stories of history and impact. we ended up in langley WA at a great lil bistro called "primo". lunch was grand complete with oysters on the half shell and she tells me that the mussels from penn cove are world renown! it was so nice to meet someone who has the same sense of adventure that i do- it was so good to hang with her- she is an accomplished song writer and has produced a cd. for a wanna-be musician, i am an awe of such talent. she is charming and comfortable to be around. i am so thankful for her time.

random people, random meeting,random connections. fuk- i had a weekend that was full beyond what i could ever expect.

life is good and i am blessed.

No comments: