09 November 2008

never take a minute of each day for granted


i have been through some pretty bad shit this year..people have been unkind, life has been unfair and i have lost my sense of who i am, had car issues,work struggles, had a few bad colds but nothing compares to my sister in laws pain. she is a double BCS...yes twice the nasty beast has attempted to take her from us!

this past saturday was a celebration of her life...50 years young and still alive and healthy. the family planned a grand party in quallicum beach (being there sent me into yet another whirl of my own mental unhealthiness) and 125 people showed up to dance and party the night away.from as far away as halifax and as far back as her best friend since 6th grade.

becky was surprised and tearful for the many grand family and friends that were present that night. she is an avid dragon boater and her entire team was there as well. crazy gals so full of life and they could dance me under the table.

it got me thinking...life is so fukn precious...lets not waste it living in hate or regret...cast away all that is heavy and drains you...cause at any moment all could be erased.

No comments: